1. Nile River, North-East Africa – 6,650 km (4,132 miles).Its water resources are shared by eleven countries, namely, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Kenya, Ethiopia, Eritrea, South Sudan, Sudan and Egypt.In particular, the Nile is the
2. Amazon River, South America – 6,400 km (3,976 miles).
The Amazon flows in the following countries: Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela, Guyana.
3. Yangtze River, China – 6,300 km (3,917 miles). The longest river in Asia
4. Mississippi – Missouri – Jefferson, North America – 6,275 km (3,902 miles).The Mississippi flows mainly in the United States (98.5%) and the rest in Canada (1.5%).
5. Yenisei – Angara – Selenge, Asia – 5,539km (3,445 miles).
Flows mainly in Russia (97%) and the rest in Mongolia.
The largest river system flowing to the Arctic Ocean.
6. Yellow River, China – 5,464km (3,395 miles) Also known as Huang He, it is the second-longest river in Asia after the Yangtze.
7. Ob – Irtysh, Asia – 5,410km (3,364 miles), It flows in the following countries: Russia, Kazakhstan, China, and Mongolia.
8. Paraná – Río de la Plata, South America – 4,880km (3,030 miles).
Flows in Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Bolivia and Uruguay.
9. Congo – Chambeshi, Africa – 4,700km (2,922 miles) – The world’s deepest river with measured depths in excess of 220 m (720 ft).
10. Amur – Argun, Asia – 4,444km (2,763 miles).
The river forms the border between the Russian Far East and Northeastern China.
Latest posts by Administrator (see all)
- Hi Tanzania! Here’s your daily horoscope and Lucky Numbers for 20 November 2019 - 20, November 2019
- Hi Tanzania! Here’s your daily horoscope and lucky numbers for 19 November 2019 - 19, November 2019
- Simba Sports Club to miss their eight key players - 14, November 2019
TheAfrican.com is a network of news websites covering news, lifestyle, sport, business and entertainment for Young Africans across the continent. Malawi.TheAfrican.com is specifically targeted at Malawians living and working in Malawi.