The holidays are beneficial since they increase your social contacts that cannot be maintained during the working weekdays, and the employees get enough time to relax.
These holidays can also have an adverse effect on the economy of the countries.
However, there are countries in the world with more than reasonable number of holidays per year as follows:
1) 28 Cambodia
2) 25 Sri Lanka
3) 21 India, Kazakhstan
4) 18 Colombia, Philippines, Trinidad and Tobago
5) 17 China, Hong Kong
6) 16 Thailand, Turkey, Pakistan
7) 15 Japan, Malaysia, Argentina, Lithuania, Sweden
8) 14 Indonesia, Chile, Slovakia
9) 13 South Korea, Austria, Belgium, Norway, Taiwan, Nepal
10) 12 Finland, Russia
11) 11 Singapore, Italy, Denmark, France, UAE, Morocco, Czech Republic, Luxembourg
Latest posts by Administrator (see all)
- Azam football club into the finals once again - 20, July 2019
- Hi Tanzania! Here’s your daily horoscope and Lucky Numbers for 20 July 2019 - 20, July 2019
- Africa’s most popular languages - 20, July 2019
TheAfrican.com is a network of news websites covering news, lifestyle, sport, business and entertainment for Young Africans across the continent. Malawi.TheAfrican.com is specifically targeted at Malawians living and working in Malawi.