10. Swaziland (1$=14.18 szl)
The lilangeni is the currency of Swaziland. (The South African rand is also accepted in Swaziland)
9. Namibian Dollars (1$ = 14.18 nad)
It is normally abbreviated with the dollar sign $, or alternatively N$ to distinguish it from other dollar-denominated currencies.
8. South African Rand (1$=14.04 ZAR)
The rand is subdivided into 100 cents.
The ISO 4217 code is ZAR, from Zuid-Afrikaanse rand; the ZA is a historical relic from Dutch and is not used in any current context except the country abbreviation, where it is used because “SA” is allocated to Saudi Arabia.
Seychelles Rupee (1$ = 13.66 scr)
Surprisingly Seychelles’s currency is also among the top 10 strongest currencies in Africa
6. Botswana Pula (1$ = 10.7 pula)
The pula is Botswana’s official currency, It currently exchanges for 10.7 Pula to every 1USD.
5. Zambian Kwacha (1$ = 12.55 kw)
The kwacha is the official currency of Zambia.
The exchange rate is currently 1USD for about 12.55 Zambian kwacha.
4. Moroccan Dirham (1$=9.6 Dirham)
Morocco boasts one of the strongest currencies in Africa.
3. Ghanaian Cedis (1$ = 5.4 cedis)
Ghana is the only West African country on this list.
2. Tunisian Dinar (1$ = 2.90 t.dinar)
The Tunisian Dinar comes in after the Libyan Dinar as the second most valuable currency in Africa.
1. Libyan Dinar (1$= 1.40 l.dinar)
Based on its exchange rate to the dollar, the Libyan dinar is Africa’s strongest currency -despite the fact that the country has been in shambles since Muammar Gaddafi was ousted in 2011..
Latest posts by Administrator (see all)
- U.S. Government handover 16 Motorcycles to President’s Office - 23, January 2020
- This day 23 January 2020 in Tanzanian’s history, world history and which celebrities were born today! - 23, January 2020
- US visa restrictions - 23, January 2020
TheAfrican.com is a network of news websites covering news, lifestyle, sport, business and entertainment for Young Africans across the continent. Malawi.TheAfrican.com is specifically targeted at Malawians living and working in Malawi.