10. $564.1 million (Powerball)
Winning tickets were sold for this jackpot in Texas, North Carolina and Puerto Rico on Feb. 11, 2015.
9. $587.5 million (Powerball)
Won Nov. 28, 2012.
Winning tickets sold in Missouri and Arizona.
8. $590.5 million (Powerball)
Won by Gloria MacKenzie on May 18, 2013. Winning ticket sold in Florida.
7. $648 million (Mega Millions)
Won Dec. 17, 2013. Winning tickets sold in Georgia and California.
6. $656 million (Mega Millions)
Won March 30, 2012. Winning tickets sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas.
5. $687.8 million (Powerball)
Won Oct. 27, 2018. Two winning tickets were drawn, one in Iowa and one in New York.
4. $758.7 million (Powerball)
Won August 23, 2017. The largest jackpot for a single winner.
The lucky ticket was sold in Chicopee, Massachusetts to Mavis Wanczyk.
3. $768.4 million (Powerball)
Won March 27, 2019 by a single ticket in Wisconsin.
2. Estimated jackpot: $1.537 billion (Mega Millions)
Won Oct. 23, 2018. The lucky winner lives in South Carolina, one of only a handful of states where you can choose to remain anonymous and still claim your winnings.
1. $1.586 billion (Powerball)
Won Jan. 13, 2016. Winning tickets were sold in California, Florida and Tennessee, making the annuitized amount for each winning ticket nearly $528.8 million.
Latest posts by Administrator (see all)
- Ditram Nchimbi hana mpango wa kuendelea na ligi Kuu Tanzania - 21, November 2019
- Juma Kaseja Amkingia Kifua nahodha Mbwana Samatta. - 21, November 2019
- Africa’s top 40 universities for 2020 - 21, November 2019
TheAfrican.com is a network of news websites covering news, lifestyle, sport, business and entertainment for Young Africans across the continent. Malawi.TheAfrican.com is specifically targeted at Malawians living and working in Malawi.